Are you a follower of my colorful and whimsical art? Would you like to come to the studio and paint your own pet with my guidance? I am excited to announce Painted Pet Parties. Here is how it works.
There are two ways to do this… Gather up a group of 8 friends and pick a day on my calendar that is open, and then sign up for a private party. Have a friend or two or you just want to come by yourself? No problem. Sign up to “join a party.” You will meet new fur-lovin’ friends and get your creative on. I typically do one “join a party” each month.
Once you have signed up, send me a photo of your 4-legged. I will brush in a whimsical likeness on your canvas. When you arrive at the studio, your piece will be there waiting for you. Together, step by step, we will paint your pet’s portrait. Classes last 3 hours. You can bring whatever you want to drink (yes, alcohol is fine) and munch on. We will have fun! Don’t stress… I will be there to help and make sure you end up with a painting you are proud to hang on your wall.
Here is an example of the process: When you arrive, the line art of your pet and the chosen background will be done. Then your time will be spent filling in the color (I will help you all along the way) and at the end, I can touch up all your lines and add some special touches, should you want that.
Contact me to reserve a join a party spot (from the dates below) or to schedule a private party. The cost is $65 a person for the “Join a Party” dates. Private parties are $450 for 8 people and can be scheduled any day as long as I am in town. Fees include all supplies.
Upcoming “Join-A-Party” Dates (see corresponding backgrounds at the bottom of this page):
- April 30th (Sunday) 2-5 pm (Bkgnd – Big Screen): FULL
- May 7th (Sunday) 2-5 pm (Bkgnd – Winey Dog/Cat): 5 spots available
- May 27th (Saturday) 2-5 pm (Bkgnd – Bluebonnets: 3 spots available
- June 17th (Saturday) 2-5 pm (Bkgnd – Ride Like the Wind): 8 spots available
- July 9th (Sunday) 2-5 pm (Bkgnd – Winey Dog/Cat): 4 spots available
- July 16th (Sunday) 2-5 pm (Bkgnd- Beach Bum): 7 spots available
- July 30th (Sunday) 2-5 pm (Bkgnd – My Heart): 3 spots available
- Aug 19th (Saturday) 1-4 pm (Bkgnd – Beach Bum): 8 spots available
- Sept 16th (Saturday) 2-5 pm (Bkgnd – Fall is in the Air): 5 spots available
- Oct 22nd (Sunday) 2-5 pm (Bkgnd – Dog/Cat Moon Rising): 7 spots available
- Nov 2nd (Thurs) 6 to 9 pm (Bkgnd – Big Screen): 8 spots available
- Nov 3oth (Thurs) 6 to 9 pm (Bkgnd – Under the Mistletoe): 8 spots available
New! Travel Kits for $99
How does this work? You send a few pics of your pet to me at email@example.com and then pick your preferred background (shown below). I will create the linework on your canvas and color code it. Think of it as a custom paint by number kit. When you are finished, you will pop it back in the mail to me (there is a return label in the kit) and I will do the final “magic pixie dust” touches and then send it back to you. And Voila! You will have a painting of your love that you will be proud to hang on your wall. Get yours today:
Your pet’s image will be in the place of these and depending on your species (dog, cat, horse, goat etc).. the sun or other elements will change to reflect that. So if you have a dog, it’s a bone sun, if a cat, then a fish would replace the bone, etc.
And be sure and follow my “Painted Pet Party” Facebook page to see all the fun that happens: https://www.facebook.com/paintedpetparties